Kidney stone is a very common health issue in modern men and women. Kidney stone or nephrolithiasis, can exist in the kidneys or in the urinary tract.
In the second case, it forms as a result of changes of the urine volume or the presence of compounds in the urine that can lead to formation of these stones.
Most experts define kidney stones as tiny solid deposits that consist of mineral and acid salts. Although they are small, they can lead to very intense and almost unbearable pain. The only good news is that they don’t lead to damage that can’t be reversed. However, in case you leave them untreated after the first signs, they are able to block the urinary tract which can lead to more serious health problems. In some cases, patients need surgery for safe removal of these stones especially when they are stuck in the urinary tract.
In case you are looking for a natural remedy to get rid of tiny kidney stones, many people recommend the use of apple cider vinegar. In addition, apple cider vinegar will protect you from the costly and painful surgeries and the side effects and complication that usually accompany the intake of medications.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Really Effective Against Kidney Stones?
It is quite logical to be skeptical and suspicious about this ingredient’s effects on kidney stones and how can possibly such a simple ingredient solve such a painful problem. However, the answers to these questions are quite simple. Let’s highlight the things that apple cider vinegar does in order to learn more about it.
Dissolves tissues that lead to formation of stones – apple cider vinegar is very acidic. This is how it dissolves the solid tissues that lead to the formation of kidney stones. Using this vinegar will help you solve the problem and prevent it from happening again.
Removes the toxins – apple cider vinegar is a great natural detoxifier. It removes the harmful toxins from the system which ultimately means that it eliminates the environment that is good for the formation of kidney stones.
Supports the process of digestion – taking apple cider vinegar makes the process of digestion easier and it also supports the creation of hydrochloric acid because it has alkalizing properties. By improving these functions, the chances of developing new kidney stones are very low.
Breaks down kidney stones – As we already said, apple cider vinegar is very acidic which means that it can break down existing kidney stones and help the body flush them out through urination.
A Few Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
According to many experts apple cider vinegar is the most efficient natural remedy to get rid of kidney stones and eliminate the signs and symptoms of this problem. However, not all uses of apple cider vinegar are equally effective. The following is a list of recipes that can help you in situations like this.
A Combination of Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
The following is a very simple, but very effective natural remedy that will help you get rid of kidney stones.
- Eight ounces of water
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and pour them in a glass filled with eight ounces of pure water.
Stir this mixture well and drink it.
Drink this natural remedy once a day to eliminate kidney stones.
In order to protect yourself from another episode, drink this mixture one or two times a week.
In addition, don’t forget to drink sufficient amount of water together with this mixture because drinking water supports the elimination of toxins that accumulate in our body.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda and Water
When you mix apple cider vinegar with baking soda, you will get a powerful natural remedy against kidney stones. Baking soda has strong alkalizing properties which will help you eliminate excess acid from all systems and the acidic environment is the number one cause for the formation of kidney stones.
- One glass of plain water
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda
- Two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar.
Take two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar and ½ a tablespoon of baking soda and pour them in the water.
Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients well and drink the mixture.
Take this remedy two times a day to eliminate kidney stones.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Honey
The following remedy that contains apple cider vinegar and organic honey is very effective for healing kidney stones because honey provides incredible antifungal and antibacterial effects. Needless to say, organic raw honey will make the remedy taste much better.
- Two tablespoons of organic honey
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Take the organic honey and the vinegar and mix them well.
In order to eliminate kidney stones, consume this natural remedy three times a day.
In addition, you can also add one glass of plain water and create a drink.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Water
Lemon juice is very acidic and drinking a juice like this will lower the acidity concentration in the urine. This is one way to protect yourself from formation of new kidney stones. In addition, lemon juice is a completely natural antiseptic that keeps the bacteria away from the kidneys. This remedy will prevent dehydration and get rid of toxins too.
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of organic oil
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 24 ounces of water.
Take a bowl and put the lemon juice and olive oil in it.
Mix these ingredients well.
Consume this mixture and drink 12 ounces of water after that.
Wait for 30 minutes before you take the remaining 12 ounces of water (squeeze the lemon juice from half a lemon into the water).
Pour the apple cider vinegar in the lemon water and stir the ingredients.
Drink this remedy every 30 minutes in order to eliminate kidney stones.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Water and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has proven to be very efficient when it comes to kidney stones problems. So, besides the positive effects this oil provides for the skin and hair, it can also heal us from the inside. Coconut oil can break down kidney stones.
- Two tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 16 ounces of lukewarm water.
Take the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar and pour them in a glass of lukewarm water.
Use a spoon to mix the ingredients well before you drink the mixture.
Consume this natural remedy on a regular basis until you get rid of the symptoms.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda and Honey
- One ounce of apple cider vinegar
- Organic honey
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients in it.
Drink the mixture.
Apple Cider Vinegar Poultice
All the previous remedies were focused on drinking or eating apple cider vinegar as part of some mixtures, but apple cider vinegar can also be used externally in order to soothe the pain caused by kidney stones.
- Three tablespoons of water
- Three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- A washcloth
Take the water and apple cider vinegar and mix them well.
Heat the mixture.
Take a washcloth and soak it in the mixture and apply it on the problematic area.
Leave the washcloth until it becomes completely cold.
Follow this procedure three times a day to eliminate pain.
Extra Tips and Advice
- Try all of the remedies we have suggested.
- You should always use diluted apple cider vinegar because if it is used in its pure form you can damage the teeth’s enamel and your oral cavity and throat. The ideal ratio between apple cider vinegar and plain water is one to ten.
- Make sure to rinse the mouth after taking apple cider vinegar.
- Try to use raw, organic, virgin apple cider vinegar for the remedies because this is the most effective form of apple cider vinegar.
- In case you are dealing with gout, avoid apple cider vinegar because you will probably worsen your situation.
- Ask your doctor before using any of these apple cider vinegar-based remedies especially if you are dealing with some other illness.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water when you use any of these remedies for kidney stones. In this way, you will keep the body hydrated and protect your body from the formation of new kidney stones.
- Feel free to use apple cider vinegar in your salad on a daily basis in order to protect your body from kidney stones.
- Limit the intake of caffeinated drinks because they support the formation of kidney stones.
- In order to protect yourself from kidney stones, follow a healthy diet – take less sodium and fat and more fiber.
In case you have noticed the early signs of kidney stones and they are still very small, apple cider vinegar can definitely help you. However, if they are big and you feel intense pain and you have not noticed any improvement after trying these natural remedies, consult your doctor.